The hottest restaurants for Thanksgiving

As Thanksgiving approaches, one thing is on everyone’s mind: food. Many people will be heading to Grandma’s house or collecting recipes for the traditional meal. For those who don’t have anything planned or are intimidated by the idea of trying to cook, you may want to think about dining out. There are many local restaurants offering special Thanksgiving meal, ranging in price, style and quantity.

Marie Callender’s Restaurant and Bakery, located at 4710 El Camino Real in Los Altos, will be serving a traditional meal from 1 to 7 p.m. The three-course dinner will include a variety of starters to choose from, including potato cheese soup, vegetable soup or a mixed salad. Two traditional options will be available as entrees: all white meat turkey served with cranberry sauce and giblet gravy alongside apple-sage dressing or honey-glazed ham served with pineapple sauce, as well as a vegetarian option of mashed potatoes and cheese will also be available. There will also be two options for dessert, pumpkin pie or Marie Callender’s famous homemade apple pie. All this will be available for $15.99 for adults or $7.99 for children in a warm and friendly environment.

The least expensive option will be offered at Harry’s Hofbrau in Redwood City on 1909 El Camino Real. This buffet style meal will cost you $12.95 for one trip and offer an array of dishes such as rotisserie turkey, baked ham, mashed potatoes, turkey stuffing, salad, dinner rolls, glazed carrots and a variety of cakes and pies.

Formal restaurant Crowne Plaza Cabana on 4390 El Camino Real in Palo Alto will be offering a Thanksgiving brunch from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The meal, titled “Mimosa Brunch,” will offer a variety of breakfast entrees, salads, traditional and vanguard entrees and desserts on the buffet. This truly bountiful meal will cost $29.95 for adults and $12.95 for kids 12-years-old and under.

If you are searching for a family style meal, you will want to go to Left Bank in Menlo Park. This set meal will cost you $42.00 for adults or $8.95 for children from 12 to five-years-old and include a choice of soup or salad, followed by a traditional meal of turkey or ham with either pumpkin or pecan pie for dessert. A vegetarian pasta dish will also be offered.

If you are looking for a twist on the traditional dishes, look into California Café Bar & Grill at 700 Welch Road in Palo Alto, which will offer a variety of appetizers, entrees and desserts. From salmon to turkey and pasta to pear tart and pumpkin pie with pecan cream and ginger bread pudding will range in price from $20.00 to $30.00.

No matter what style meal you are hunting for, you can find it in the Bay Area. To ensure you get the dining experience of your choice, make sure to call and reserve a table.