Staff Blog

We invite you to read and respond to The Paly Voice’s ongoing staff blog, where we talk informally about the Voice, campus life, and other things on our minds. Enjoy — and click on the feedback link on the bottom if you want to participate by adding your own comment.

Yanks and Sox (October 20, 2004)

The New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox play game seven of the American League Championship Series tonight. The underdog Red Sox’s have won their last three games and they will make it four tonight. Although one of my favorite players, Hideki Matsui, plays for the Yankees, I will be rooting against them tonight. I hope that the Yankees find out, like the Lakers have, that money can’t buy everything. Sorry Richie…

–Nathan

"Out of Love" (October 12, 2004)

I AM VERY MAD! Katie MUST stop calling me Tina NOW! That is not my name and has never been my name! Oh, and P.S Katie you weren’t even there when it happened! Therefore, legally you can’t call me that! And one more thing this "it’s out of love stuff" HAS GOT TO STOP! If you loved me you wouldn’t call me that because you KNOW How much it gets to me! So basically the point of this blog situation…if you are not Jake, you can’t call me Tina because
you weren’t there!!!

–Kristie

Oh yeah, and Katie…from now on, I’m going to start calling you Ingrid…You know "out of love."

Voice is Cool! (September 23, 2004)

Today we uploaded Campy onto Voice, which was pretty hectic since it was a first time for a few people, but it was still fun, with lots of running around and help from the techies. Alex and Adam are still experimenting with which type of paper airplane flies the best in the lab, which Mr. Kandell has now deemed to be not allowed. Richie was sad because he didn’t have a Lance Armstrong bracelet, so he tried to make one out of yellow paper but it just wasn’t the same. That’s about it. Voice is cool!

— Eleanor Byler

Football Game (September 17, 2004)

Tonight was the Voice Staff’s first blanket coverage "experiment". We all showed up at the stadium, and I got to feel like a bigshot by flashing my "Voice" staff thingy, and getting in free. We all sat down, and there was much frantic bustling to get everything in order (cameras, notepads etc.) Pizza got here soon after we all settled in, causing a mini-riot, as everyone grabbed for a slice. I left soon after pizza (a coincidence, I swear!), and then came back to write this blog entry, and upload pictures. <(-‘-)>

— Eric Meltzer

Football Game cont. (September 17, 2004)

I know what you mean about the mini riot over the food. People tossing full cans of soda back and forth. All in all although it’s not Robotics. Voice seems pretty tight. Can’t wait to see what the year holds in store for me in this class.

–Dominic Littleton

Due to the fact that this was Voice’s first blanket coverage, I was really psyched to see a complete turnout. I was thinking that not many people would show up and the turnout suprised me. I think that there were some faults in the orginazation only because it would be better if we all had individual notebooks and if the jobs were better assigned. Dispite this, I thought the game was an absolute blast.

–Jessica Ebert

It was so much better than a day game after school. The lights, all of the fans, it was definitely the best game I have been to in my entire high school career. Why didn’t we get these lights earlier? I’m sure that the revenue from today’s game has at least paid for those lights. The win and the fans and the atmosphere definitely made it the perfect friday night game under the lights!

–Mike Sorgenfrei

Friday night lights! Tonights game was so much fun. I think that the first blaket coverage was some what of a success. Despite the fact we were unorganized in the begining, we got to know our jobs. Overall it was a big success, and the comunity came together.

–Bryce Atkinson

Spit Fights (September 17, 2004)

How do you feel about spit fights? I personally think spit fights are not too bad, especially when you are in a fight with Mike Sorgenfrei. In a spit fight, Mike is a pretty weak competitor. I have a good tip, when in a spit fight, liveSTRONG bracelets serve as a really good spit flinger thing. Oh yea, and never worry about getting in a spit fight with Mike. You will always win =)

— Katie Tseng

Football Game cont. (September 17-18, 2004)

Tonight was really exciting. The drama between staff members was amusing…Like Huda’s "confrontation" with Mike and Jessie– Go Huda! It was a good bonding experience, we all learned a lot about reporting in the field and working under pressure. I especially enjoyed staying up until 4am writing all three stories. (You guys really missed out on some late-night story writing, with Laura whipping us, metaphorically). FYI, Richie is allergic to dogs. He’s puffing away on his inhaler right now.
–Taylor Whitfield

Football Game and the Midnight Upload(September 18, 2004)

After Kandell kicked us out of the computer lab at Paly (apparently he doesn’t like to spend nights and weekends at school… who would’ve thought) Taylor, Richie, Kristen, and I all hopped in our respective vehicles and sped over to my house to finish up the many stories we’re writing about the football game. Right now we’re stocked with plenty of Red Bull, candy (thanks to Richie) and laptops. As the hours tick by, we’ve managed to keep a pretty enthusiastic outlook – especially Taylor. Poor Richie is allergic to my dog a trip has been made out to his car to get his inhaler and every once in a while (when things get really intense with the writing) he has to take a couple puffs.

–Laura Mitchell

Read The Voice’s previous Blogs at:

http://voice.paly.net/view_story.php?id=1390

http://voice.paly.net/view_story.php?id=1515

http://voice.paly.net/view_story.php?id=1593

http://voice.paly.net/view_story.php?id=1787