Prom recap

This recap is for all of you that dismissed prom as either too expensive, morally unacceptable, or just plain-old boring.
So here are the facts, Jack:

To say the least, prom was interesting. Between the extension-kissing and the skirts shorter than underwear, there were a few promising moments. The deejay was excellent, the food was warm, and the weather was great.

The place:

The Decathlon Club in Santa Clara off Central Expressway. The location was classy and had an elegant atmosphere, definitely a move up from the Hiller Aviation Museum.

The food:

Salad: Green salad with ambiguous dressing

Chicken: Seared chicken breast (in the shape of a heart) with mashed
potatoes and green beans

Vegetarian: Vegetarian Wellington (Don’t ask me…)

Drinks: Shirley Temple, Coke, Sprite, Water

Some salads were more alive than others featuring insects and a stick on one occasion. The dinner was bland and the drinks were nothing special. To cap the culinary disgrace, each table had a pack of about 20 small chocolates imprinted with statistics from the recent drugs and alcohol survey.

The dancing:

The dance floor was outdoors and definitely large enough to accommodate everybody, and plenty of cold water was made available. Also, administration interference was at a surprising low, which had its ups and downs. Freaking was practiced at its most advanced level, one of which was quite frankly more disgusting than public intercourse. At one point, the female part of a freaking tandem was pushed to the floor, on all fours, and then the male simulated (very accurately) anal intercourse with her. Oddly enough, this behavior illicited only a tap on the shoulder and a disapproving stare by administrators, despite the hullabullo last year. Another odd moment came when a certain female dancer grabbed her hair, kissed it, and proceeded to swing it around like a lassoo over her head.

Kodak moment of the evening:

Mr. Foug brought his A game to prom and showed it with a rendition of the "lawnmower" dance accompanied by Russ Hagemann and Teddy Way.

The clothes:

Wardrobe Malfunctions:
Skintight LAPD outfits, dresses shorter than the underwear beneath
them, and zoot suits.

Best Dressed Males:
Charles Vickery
In a full dress tuxedo with coat tails, white gloves, and a cane, Charles gave us a glimpse of old-world charm and impeccable fashion sense.

Myself (of course)
Sporting a two piece black suit, white shirt, and silver/black tie, Timon was the epitome of chic and modernity in prom attire.

Best Dressed Females:
Genevieve Yang
A classy and stunning red, knee-length dress and a dazzling smile were a refreshing reminder of what is supposed to be worn at a formal.

The pictures:

Nothing new here, just cheezy backdrops and overpriced packages.

The editorial part:

A word for those that came to prom with a date and ditched them:

What you did was totally inappropriate and degrading to both yourselves and your dates, especially if they paid for you. How could you possibly justify, short of having an agreement beforehand, leaving a gentleman or lady hanging all night, forcing him or her to try and find something to do during the slow dances while trying to avoid seeing you with your newfound partner?