Children of Uganda come to Stanford for one-time performance

Children of Uganda, a heart-racing, drum-beating group, is coming to nStanford on March 19.
The members range from age six to seventeen and are invigorating dancers who represent East Africa and promote awareness of AIDS and the lives of war-affected orphans.

The Children of Uganda is a group of 20 kids from Africa who combine their original African culture with modern beats to create dances and songs that excite even the most sullen viewer. Their songs have various different topics including joy sorrow, courtship, war dance, and most often include music using thumb pianos, xylophones, fiddles, panpipes, and an assortment of different drums. Through their songs and dances the children try to educate the audience about the hardships of having AIDS in Africa or of being an orphan.

The show will take place at the Stanford Memorial Auditorium located across from Hoover Tower at 8:00 p.m. There are three seating sections priced at $36, $30, $20 and labeled A, B, and C respectively. However, section A is already sold out.

The award-winning group, hailed as "first rate’ and "inspiring" by the New York Times is sure to give an exhilarating one time performance Friday evening so be sure to buy tickets before they are sold out.