Rejection Letter Wall coming soon

Student Body President Amy Rogg is asking for seniors who are willing to give a copy of a rejection or deferral letter from colleges to please bring them to one of the senior class representatives or Student Actvities Director Joann Vaars.

After discussing the idea with the student council at Paly, Vaars along with ASB president Rogg have decided to create a rejection letter board somewhere on the Paly campus.

Accordng to Vaars the objective of the wall is to satirize the idea of being rejected from a college. Rogg said, "With the already high stress of senior year, students should not have to sit at home and be depressed at the thought of being rejected or deferred from a college."

"I feel strongly that we need, at minimun, 50 letters to start off and then encourage people to bring in more," Vaars said.

The rejection wall will allow other not-accepted seniors to observe that they are not the only people from Paly who were rejected.

"I know that at the end of the year, students report what they have decided to do next year so we thought it’d be fun to display what seniors aren’t doing next year if we can keep it a healthy display, meaning no vandalism, etc.," Vaars said.

The two most likely places for this wall will either be somewhere in the main hall of the Tower Building or on the wall facing the quad at the end of the science building, according to their discussion with the Student Council and principal Sandra Pearson.

"I would love to have it near the science building because it is a more public place and the chances of it being seen are more likely there rather than in the Tower Building," Rogg said.

Other seniors agree with Rogg that the quad would be a better place for it because it would give all of the student body a better chance to see it and prepare them for the future.

A similar rejection wall, or "Skinny Envelope Club" as it’s referred to at Milton Academy, a preparatory high school in Massachusetts, has helped students at the school deal with their stress in a better way than being sad for the past four years.

Senior Kerry Keplinger was rejected from Notre Dame and when she heard about the idea said, "I think it’s great. I was actually going to make my own wall in my room, but if Paly has one then I will definitely contribute to it."