Water Ballooning, innocent deed, large price to pay

Water Ballooning, Innocent Deed, Large Price to Pay

We’ve all experienced one before, a splat on the head, soaked from head to toe; a water balloon. As the year comes to a close, Palo Alto High School administrators are skeptical of the fact that some upper classmen might get excited about the warm weather, and the nearing end of the school year. The administrators feared the underclassmen would be the victims of this excitement.

"Any student found with a water balloon will be suspended for three days." Julia Riley, In Focus Television Network anchor read. I believe that I am not the only one that this came as a shock to, I had to investigate.

Mr. Walker, the vice president of Palo Alto High School is the man responsible for this harsh threat. When speaking to him he seemed to have quite a nonchalant feeling about this topic. "Consequences will vary," confessed Walker, explaining that the three-day suspension was not a sure thing.

So why did Mr. Walker put this three-day suspension threat on the announcements when it was not completely true? "I just wanted to warn people, scare people from doing something stupid," Walker said. "[Water balloons] simply make a mess."

What about other actions that could be carried out on the underclassmen? After hearing the announcement, I heard a student remark, "Well then, I will just have to bring a water gun to school."

Mr. Walker merely laughed at this. "I just wanted to warn people, I think that the students will be smart and realize that by me saying no water balloons, that includes water guns as well."

Mr. Walker seems to have high expectations of the students of Palo Alto High School, and until June 12, the water balloons will have to stay in your own yard.