Career Month speaker series to kick off on Tuesday

Career Month Schedule       Schedule: Career Month Speaker Series.

Palo Alto High School’s 2018 Career Month speaker series will begin at lunch on Tuesday and will continue through Friday.

The series will host a myriad of speakers from a wide variety of backgrounds, ranging from a mural painter to Facebook’s head legal counsel. Due to the current remodeling of the library, the speaker series will take place in rooms 403 and 404.

According to Career Month organizer and Paly senior Stella Wan, students have the chance to ask questions after the speaker’s presentations, and are able to benefit from hearing about the speaker’s experiences and insight in their particular field of expertise.

“Career Month is when we invite speakers from different careers to come to speak with the students about what a typical day in their professional career is like,” Wan said. “They also share about their high school and college experiences, and give tips to students on how to pursue their passion.”

Students can choose between two speakers each lunch, Tuesday to Friday, for the next two weeks. Free lunch will be provided to the first 150 students.

According to the Career Month speaker series’ mission statement, “[The] goal is to encourage students to pursue what intrigues them, what they could be passionate about, and to give them an in-person connection to adults who have found fulfillment in their work.”

The series will kick off on Tuesday with two speakers, Kelly Kusumoto and Nick Weiss.

Kusumoto is a freelance graphic designer and illustrator, and Weiss is a trainer and the founder of PerformanceGains.

Esther Cao, Author
Dylan Fu
Dylan Fu, Managing Editor