“Game of Throws” juggling festival to open tonight

Game of Throws, a three-day juggling and flow festival hosted by Palo Alto High School’s juggling club will kick off tonight at 7 p.m. in the small gym.

Palo Alto High School's juggling club will host their first ever juggling and flow festival this weekend on campus. The event will feature a variety of professional jugglers, as well as workshops for interested community members of all skill levels. Photo: Matthew Hall.
Palo Alto High School’s juggling club will host their first ever juggling and flow festival this weekend on campus. In addition to workshops, the event will feature a variety of professional jugglers. Photo: Matthew Hall.

The festival will feature performances from world-class jugglers, as well as juggling workshops for participants of all skill levels. A schedule of offered workshops and performer bios can be found on the Game of Throws event page.

While the event begins tonight and will continue through Sunday evening, Saturday night will also feature a special gala show in the Performing Arts Center, where professional jugglers from around the world will showcase their unique talents. Many of the performers have received awards, toured around the globe, or even performed for the president of the United States.

While the rest of the festival is free, gala tickets are $10 and can be purchased during festival hours in the gym, at the door, or online.